We are looking to recruit a Senior Carer who will be involved in the delivery of care to our Service Users and the recruitment of new care staff in to our workforce. You will join our expanding West Yorkshire team who provide care and treatment for individuals living within in their own homes and in residential care settings.
A typical working week will consist of 3 days office based and 2 days in the field, but may change depending on the needs of the service.
37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday, plus paid overtime for additional hours when delivering care.
Your duties will include:
- Contacting suitable applicants via telephone to discuss current vacancies
- Arranging and conducting applicant interviews – via video call or face to face
- Checking I.D and Right to Work documents
- Obtaining DBS checks & references
- Booking candidates on to training courses
- Supporting candidates through the recruitment process
- Producing a personnel file for each successful candidate
- Attending recruitment fairs and other industry events
- Assisting with the activities of daily living and personal care
- Completing and maintaining records of daily activities and observations
- Providing support and assistance to care staff, providing them with PPE and documents as and when needed
- Carrying out spot checks on care staff
- Ensuring service is delivered in accordance with all relevant policies, procedures and practices
- Reporting any issues to the management team
- Attending induction, training sessions and staff meetings as required
- Evening and weekend secondary oncall – on a rota basis
Essential skills / experience:
- A full driver’s licence, access to a car and able to travel throughout West Yorkshire
- Recent experience of delivering care
- Computer literacy and prior experience of completing administrative duties
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Desirable skills / experience:
- Prior experience as a Senior Carer
- NVQ Level 2/3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent
- Care Certificate
To apply or for more information contact Claire Richardson – email@example.com / 01484 401663.